First Inter-Parliamentary Union Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians
Taking Democracy to Task
October 10-11, 2014
Friday, Oct. 10:
- The right to participate without discrimination: Translating principles into reality
- Taking stock: IPU analysis of youth participation in parliament
- Barriers to young people entering politics
- Are young women facing double discrimination based on age and sex?
- Is it true that young people are apathetic, apolitical and angry citizens?
- Youth movements and platforms as a stepping stone to parliament
Saturday, Oct. 11:
- How to open up politics and parliament to young people? The win-win scenario
- How to maintain youth participation on the international agenda?